An annuity allows you to plan retirement by earning interest on your money now and paying taxes later. Annuity products can offer an income stream for you and your loved ones for years to come.
With a deferred annuity, you can earn interest on your money now and pay taxes later.1 Tax deferral can help an annuity generally grow at a faster rate than other taxable interest products (or accounts) because your money grows in three ways: your premium earns interest, your interest earns interest, and the money you would have paid in taxes remains in your account to earn interest. Current tax laws allow for the deferral of income taxes on an annuity’s earnings until they are withdrawn.1
A deferred annuity also allows you to ease worries by helping ensuring your principal is safe with a guaranteed minimum rate of return. Additionally, although deferred annuities can help with long-term retirement goals, all deferred annuities offered through AAA Specialists include a withdrawal provision. This means you can gain access to funds, if needed. You may also transfer/rollover funds from a matured CD or lump sum distribution, or establish or transfer an existing IRA or Roth IRA.2
Our specialists offer several deferred annuity options, each with unique features.
You should consider an EliteGuarantee Annuity if you want to make a single premium payment and lock in an interest rate for more than one year. The EliteGuarantee Annuity provides you with a 3-year guaranteed interest rate. Once the initial rate guarantee period expires, you have the option to renew for the same period of time.
Platinum Bonus Annuity
Our Platinum Bonus Annuity features a competitive fixed interest rate that’s guaranteed for the first 12 contract months.3 Keep in mind that the first-year rate you’ll earn is based on the amount of your initial premium and includes a first-year bonus rate. Flexibility of premium payments is another key feature. You can decide when you add to your annuity without having a fixed schedule to do so.
An immediate annuity might be right for people who:
- Are retired and need to cover fixed or regular expenses
- Want to gain access to funds, if needed
- Want to provide an income for themselves and their spouse for life4
Guaranteed Income Annuity
While pension plans offered through your employer may seem like a thing of the past, you can create your own retirement income with AAA Life Insurance Company’s Guaranteed Income Annuity. A portion of your assets from retirement savings plans — like a 401(k), IRA, bank account, etc. — can be turned into regular income. You can be paid throughout your retirement or for a time period you choose.
How does the AAA Life Guaranteed Income Annuity work?
Pay or transfer a single premium amount from other financial institutions and receive regular income payments — for you and your spouse, if you choose. Customize how often you are paid, how long the payments will last and much more. You decide the amount and time period during which to receive income.
Options to fit your needs4
- The Return of Premium option ensures that any unpaid initial premium is returned to the beneficiary
- The Single Lifetime Guarantee option pays an income that you can never outlive
- The Joint Lifetime Guarantee option will continue to make payments to your spouse5 if you are no longer living
or find a local AAA Life Insurance Specialist online today.
1. Annuities are not short-term products. During the surrender charge period, withdrawals exceeding 10% will be subject to a surrender charge that may be higher than fees associated with other types of financial products and may reduce principal. See contract for specific details of the surrender charge schedule. Withdrawals prior to 59 ½ may be subject to IRS penalties, separate from the annuity’s schedule of surrender charges. AAA Life and its specialists do not provide legal, tax or financial advice. Please consult your professional advisor prior to the purchase of any contract.
2. IRAs and Qualified Plans already provide tax deferral of earnings. There is no additional benefit from the annuity’s tax deferral feature. An annuity can be used to fund an IRA when its features, other than tax-deferral, are beneficial.
3.The first-year declared interest rate is an annual effective yield that is guaranteed for the first contract year. It is separate from the contract’s Guaranteed Minimum Interest Rate that is effective for all contract years.
4. The payout amount you will receive is based on your individual circumstances, the options and features you select at the time of application, and your initial premium payment. Your selection of options and features may reduce your payout amount.
5. Spouse includes registered domestic partner, civil union partner, or party to a domestic partnership between two adults, as recognized by state law.
This information is an outline of the contract provisions and does not contain all of the benefits and exclusions. For complete terms of the Immediate Annuity, please refer to the contract.
Annuities offered by our affiliate AAA Life Insurance Company, Livonia, MI. AAA Life (CA Certificate of Authority #07861) is licensed in all states except NY.
AAA Life, local AAA Clubs and their agents do not provide legal, tax or financial advice. Please consult your professional advisor prior to the purchase of any contract.
Contract Form Series: ICC14-4120, SPIA-4120 (In OR: ICC14-4120)