- 2.85% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 0.05% APY* on balances over $10,000
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren’t met
- Free and unlimited ATM fee refunds nationwide**
- No minimum balance, only $100 minimum deposit needed to open
- No monthly service charges to worry about
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Comes with a free AAA VISA® Debit Card
- Unlimited check writing
- Deposit checks, check your balance, or transfer funds—all from your phone with our mobile banking app
- Free e-statements available online
- Access to Popmoney®, a person-to-person payment system that lets you send money easily via email or mobile number
- The service and safety expected of AAA—no membership required
- FDIC insured for your protection (up to applicable limits)
- Explore the Facts and Fees for this account
To qualify, simply do the following transactions and activities in your AAA
High-Yield checking account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle (minimum $5 each)
- Be enrolled in e-statements
- Have at least 1 direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and settle (minimum $200)
Make AAA your primary bank. Check out our Switch Guide to see how easy it can be to switch.
How much do I need to open this account?
The minimum opening deposit for a High-Yield Checking Account is $100.
What is the interest rate for this account?
The interest rate for this account is 2.85% APY* on balances of $0.01-$10,000 when you meet the monthly qualifications:
- Make just 12 debit card purchases per month ($5 minimum for each transaction)
- Have at least one direct deposit or ACH automatic payment ($200 minimum)
- Receive paperless electronic statements
If qualifications are not met, the interest rate is .05% APY*. All balances greater than $10,000 will earn an interest rate of .05%.
Our interest rates are variable and do change periodically; if you’d like to confirm rates before opening an account, call us toll-free at 855.999.BANK (2265).
When is the interest rate applied to the High-Yield Checking Account?
See All High-Yield Checking FAQs
Interest is credited at the end of your statement cycle.
Open a High-Yield Checking Account
Not sure how to open an account online? We can walk you through it. Just give us a call (855.999.2265) or Chat online.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 1/01/2017. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.85% APY applies to balances of $0.01-$10,000 and .05% APY applies to balances over $10,000 as long as qualifications are met each qualification cycle: .05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. Rates are variable and may change without prior notice. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifying transactions must post and clear the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the transaction is made. Auto Club Trust, FSB
**Receive unlimited ATM usage nationwide as long as qualifications are met.